Friday, April 20, 2012

A Great Deal On Garlic

Recently I got a great deal on garlic.  We use a lot of garlic in our house and for the price I paid at Costco, we could toss away half the garlic and still be ahead of what I pay locally.  I love Costco for this reason.  However, I can't stand the thought of all that beautiful garlic going to waste.  A little research and some mindless peeling later.....


I peeled a lot of garlic cloves.

Then I laid all the cloves out on a cookie sheet and put them in the freezer over night.  The next morning I dumped all those lovely frozen cloves into a quart size freezer bag.  Now I have a nice little stash of fresh garlic just waiting to be tossed in the pot with potatoes for mashing.  Freezing it does make the texture a bit soggy when thawed.  I wouldn't use it in raw preperations.  However, once it's cooked, I can't tell the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment