Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ginger Cream Cookies


One of my favorite cookies is Ginger Creams.  They are so mild and lovely!  Not too sweet, but enough that they still taste like a treat.  They have a very cake like texture.  I’ve always thought they would be delicious made into a sandwich with cream cheese frosting in the middle.  We have always eaten them too quickly for me to find out though!
Ginger Creams
¼ butter melted
½ cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup molasses
2 cups sifted flour
½ tsp soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp cloves
½ cup water

Cream together butter and sugar; beat in egg.  Stir in molasses.  Sift dry ingredients; add alternately with water.  Drop by spoonful onto greased cookie sheet. (I often forget to grease the cookie sheet, they will stick!) Bake at 400*f for about 8 minutes.

These would be great with frosting, but I never take the time.

Inspired by the Better Homes and Gardens Dessert Cookbook 1960.

No comments:

Post a Comment